Lovin' your coffee but hate the stains?
Here are a step-by-step guide and some quick hacks to help remove coffee stains.
- As heat will set the stain into the fabric, the best thing to do is to start with cold water. Wash out as much of the stain as possible immediately if possible.
- Then use liquid dish detergent over the stain to create a lather.
- Afterwards, use white vinegar to rinse out the soap, and your stain should be gone.
Though typical coffee stains won't really stress you out, for worst-case scenarios, it takes a bit more work. Here are some other ideas when simple or repeated processes don’t work (we haven't tried these ourselves yet!):
- Sprinkle and rub salt onto the fabric with a dry cloth. Salt helps to keep it from spreading.
- The same thing may be done using baking soda by rubbing it into the fabric with a damp cloth.
- White vinegar may also be dropped directly onto the stain and blotted with dry paper towels.
- Baby powder also helps prevent coffee stains from spreading. Dust the affected area generously and allow the powder to sit for several minutes before brushing it off with a dry cloth.
For days wherein you feel a little more clumsy than usual, you might want to keep this DIY stain solution handy!
DIY Stain Solution Recipe
- Use 1 part lemon juice and 2 parts cool water.
- Alternatively, use 2 parts vinegar and 2 parts cool water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dish detergent to each cup of water.
Now that you're all geared up for your next battle with coffee stains, you might want to check out this quick recipe for a nice cup of iced latte using the AeroPress. Click here :)